I don't know about you, but I like EASY recipes. And right now, they're very welcome as we juggle working from home, family responsibilities and trying to stay sane during these lockdown days.
Enter these tray baked eggs which take about 25 minutes to prep and cook, and which work brilliantly for brunch, lunch or a quick dinner. Oh and you’ll also tick off two of your five-a-day portions too.
Ingredients - serves 2
2 red peppers
200g purple sprouting / tender stem broccoli (can also use 200g of another green veg like peas or asparagus or even a sturdy lettuce like little gem or romaine -chop into quarters)
1 small red onion
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt / pepper
1 tsp paprika
Toast for dipping
1. Preheat your oven to 160c .
2. Prep the veg: Cut the peppers into strips, slice the onion into thin wedges and trim the ends of the broccoli.
3. Pop all the veg in a large bowl, add the oil, paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss with your hands to coat the veg in the oil and spices
4. Tip the veg into a baking tray or dish and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Give the pan a shake half way through to make sure the veg are cooking evenly.
5. After 15 minutes, pull the pan out of the oven, and crack 4 eggs into the spaces between the vegetables. Return the pan to the oven and cook for a further 8 minutes or until your egg whites are set (might take a little less depending on the size of your eggs, check after 5 and then add on as you need to)
6. Serve from the pan, with toast for dipping. Seeds are herbs on top are a lovely addition, as is a handful of grated Parmesan.